Regional Compliance Manager In Automotive Finance
- 30 Sep 2021
1 Version 1 January 2020
Job Family: Compliance
Job Title: Regional Compliance Manager
Entity Scope: FCA Automotive Services UK Ltd
FCA Dealer Services UK Ltd
Leasys UK Ltd
The Regional Compliance Manager will be responsible for performing compliance audits and other
oversight activities to the FCA Automotive Services UK and Leasys UK Retailers and Brokers network
as part of the Intermediary Oversight framework, providing reports and on-going feedback to the
This role is Field based and subsequently, there may be a requirement for travel, overnight stays and
periods away from home.
1. To verify that the regulatory requirements for on-boarding a new Retailer / Broker are met as
per the information received in the on-boarding pack and completion of the on-boarding
compliance checklist; where any compliance issues arise, the Regional Compliance Manager will
follow them up with the respective Retailers / Brokers.
2. To carry out on-site compliance audits with Retailers and Brokers on a risk based approach in
accordance with the plan as defined by the Compliance Manager, including, a review of
management information, customer files, systems, policies and procedures, etc.
3. To draft compliance audit reports for each Retailer / Broker, including the checks performed,
outcomes, issues detected and action plan (where required); to archive all evidences and
materials collected on-site in the compliance repository.
4. To discuss the final reports with the Compliance Manager before sharing with the Dealer /
Broker Principal, giving also advice / recommendation of any corrective actions.
2 Version 1 January 2020
5. To perform follow up activities on the execution of the action plan.
6. To perform ad hoc audits with Retailers and Brokers, where required by the Compliance
Manager and the Senior Management Team.
7. To monitor completion of regulatory training by Retailers and Brokers, including GDPR, SM&CR,
AML, Treating Customer Fairly, etc.
8. To support the Compliance Manager in the review of the mystery shopping / British Vehicle
Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA) audits results and follow up with Retailers / Brokers,
9. To provide support in the on-going enhancement of the Retailer TCF Dashboard and to
periodically review the results and definition of action plan where required.
10. To liaise with the sales teams when conducting compliance audits to understand the Retailer /
Broker structure, finance products and previous / current or potential issues to be aware of.
11. To suggest updates to the Intermediary Oversight Policy and On-boarding Procedure, following
up on outcomes of field visits and compliance audits.
12. To make recommendations to the Retailers / Broker(s) Policies and Procedures in line with
Regulatory requirements and FCA Automotive Services and Leasys UK Policies and Procedures.
13. In the case of regulatory communications / guidelines issued to the (Retailer & Broker) network
by the Compliance Manager, the Regional Compliance Manager will act as the primary point of
contact for Retailer / Broker queries.
14. To keep appropriate records of all documents and materials collected on the field in the
15. Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
3 Version 1 January 2020
Reports to: Compliance Manager
Number of Reports: 0
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS:
Educated to at least A level standard or equivalent.
In depth knowledge of retail and contract hire finance products.
Good knowledge of regulatory regime(s) and the requirements and guidance issued by the
regulatory bodies, including the Financial Conduct Authority and Information Commissioner’s
Ability to translate said knowledge into suggestions and recommendations to Retailers and
Brokers to adopt and comply with such changes.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and G-suite.
The ability to train groups of staff, including retailers or brokers.
Able to handle high conflict situations, to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
To evidence a practical and collaborative approach.
Previous experience in Compliance or Internal Audit roles is a must.
SAF Advanced qualification would be desirable.
4 Version 1 January 2020
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the
nature and main duties of the job as they exist currently, but it is not intended as a wholly
comprehensive or permanent schedule and is not part of the contract of employment.
I agree that this job description accurately reflects my roles and responsibilities within FCA Automotive
Services UK Ltd, FCA Dealer Services UK Ltd and Leasys UK Ltd.
Signed: Print Name: Date: