- 21 Oct 2019
HR OFFICER – PERMANENT – RUGBY - £22,000
Working for a leading manufacturing company based in Rugby you will join the HR Manager to support the HR department in all areas including recruitment, L&D, employee benefits and much more.
To provide general day-to-day HR support in relation to all HR, Employee Benefits, Training and Development and other administration for all employees, all in compliance with statutory obligations and best practice.
- Working closely with the HR & Payroll Manager to ensure a consistent approach in HR advice and improve overall effectiveness of HR delivery across the business
- Work in partnership with the HR & Payroll Manager to support the review, creation and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Support initiatives to improve the wellbeing and engagement of teams and individuals, working closely with the HR & Payroll Manager
- Assist with the creation and delivery of HR related training courses/workshops to managers on discipline and grievance, absence management, performance improvement and other HR related subjects
- Coordinating and administering training and development programmes and liaising with external training bodies as required.
- Administration and co-ordination of internal training programmes
- Provide timely, accurate and robust advice and guidance on a range of routine HR issues and employment relations casework. This may include but is not limited to disciplinary, capability, grievance, attendance management, and organisational change.
- Assisting with the preparations for disciplinary, grievance, absence management and performance improvement meetings and attendance at those meetings as appropriate
- Provide direct guidance and advice to decision makers during formal hearings and appeal processes
- Review sickness absence and undertake relevant interventions, including referrals to Occupational Health and advice to managers on phased return
- Ensure the businesses are always audit ready which will include all job descriptions being up to date, organisation charts kept updated, training records maintained
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation and Information Assurance requirements, policy and procedures at all times.
- Managing and maintaining contracts, personnel files and other employee information
- Delivering induction programmes for new employees
- Undertake other duties from time to time as required by the HR & Payroll Manager
Knowledge/ Skills and Experience:
- Qualified or working towards CIPD is desirable
- At least three years experience of working in a generalist HR environment, to include administration of recruitment and training at all levels
- Must have experience of dealing with a range of employee relations issues
- Must have a good understanding and practical knowledge of current employment legislation and ability to translate this into workplace practices, with good commercial awareness
- Strong HR Administration experience
- Experience of supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels in all aspects of HR and training
- Experience of managing own time and workload effectively, meeting targets and deadlines
- Ability to inform and empower/coach managers, identifying the required approach in any given situation
- Experience of creating and delivering training on HR related subjects would be desirable
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Senior Management Team
- Internal and external stakeholders
- External customers
- Planning and control
- Managing the customer relationship
- Communication & influencing
- Team working & personal impact
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Willing to carry out business travel to attend meetings or training within the UK if required