- £10 p/h
- 09 Jan 2020
To co-ordinate the shipment of manufactured products on time and in full across a global scale, ensuring the end users materials arrive as expected in line with the departmental plan.
- Assess and collate the days shipments and prioritise for the shop floor team which orders are to be packed in the correct order to ensure the loads are ready to go when transport arrives.
- Produce electronic manifests where required using the information supplied from the packing notes to enable the shipping company to have full view of what loads they can expect.
- Organise and produce shipper labels using different electronic systems dependant on which country we are shipping to so that we can track consignments through to delivery point.
- Use QAD to ship off orders from the database and create invoices where required, to give the customer a commercial invoice with which to pay.
- Communicate with a number of external transport companies and obtain quotations for express shipments, obtaining best options as far as cost and service are concerned. Making the decision as to which option to use cost effectively, and without causing any detrimental effect on the end user.
- Communicate, co-ordinate and plan with the internal sales team, scheduling team and external transport companies and assess and monitor any likely delays that will resort in the order not leaving the department in time.
- Produce and communicate electronic manifests for third party logistics teams informing them of freight forwarders intentions to collect, or the arrivals of stock materials to ensure the vehicles can be loaded and unloaded quickly.
- Analyse and communicate with the Returns and QC teams the flow of information required by the Sales team to ensure the customer receives a credit in an agreed time frame.
- Analyse payloads and maximise vehicle usage to ensure that DDS vehicles run as economically as possible striving to achieve year on year lower costs per m2 delivered, ensuring the longevity of the DDS delivery service.
- Monitor and report any changes to customs, laws or traditions that may affect the shipment of goods to another part of the world. Report such changes to any relevant departments so that they are kept up to date and informed.
- Organise the running of outstanding reports and report failures in process’ to the Team Leader. This will help to capture issues with RF Scanning and will help to effect on time in full shipping in accordance with the department plan.
- Carry out other duties as required and requested by line manager in line with the job purpose.
Collaborative Team Working.
Drive To Deliver.