Campaigns and Policy Officer
- 04 Sep 2019
Our client is looking for an experienced Policy & Campaigns Officer. Are you interested in working for a market leading and rapidly growing property management organisation in Warwick?
Salary Range £28,000-£35,000 (dependent on experience)
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Working with the Senior Policy Officer, Marketing Communications team and Chief Executives to articulate policy positions to influence key stakeholders.
· Preparing persuasive and reasoned responses to government consultations and calls for evidence across residential sales and lettings, with support to issues relevant to auctioneering, commercial property management and inventories.
· Pivotal to the role is work to present elements of draft Bills, Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, and Regulations in forms that can be easily understood by practitioners and company staff (members and the wider sector).
· Building and maintaining an awareness of the sector landscape and being highly organised to manage deadlines for written responses to a variety of consultations and calls for evidence.
· Assisting with lobbying Government, MPs, AMs, MSPs and other relevant parties on issues affecting the property industry.
· Creating fact sheets to support member compliance with legislation.
· Creating persuasive and engaging written content to support campaign messaging and wider external affairs.
· The Policy and Campaigns Officer will be the point of contact for a wide range of policy issues, providing some support to staff and members with responses to technical queries.
· Attending internal and external sector meetings and presenting as appropriate.
· Any other responsibilities or tasks as reasonably requested by the business.
· Exceptionally persuasive communications
· A level of professionalism appropriate to working with senior staff
· Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
· Commitment to the company’s mission, vision and values
Education / experience:
· Experience of writing well developed, evidence-based responses to consultations
· Experience of a role relevant to lobbying and policy
· Working knowledge of legislative processes and procedures, preferably across the UK
· Experience of interpreting legislation
· Experience of managing stakeholder relationships
· Experience of developing policy lines
· Demonstrable ability to draft formal reports and position papers
· Experience in external relations
· Degree in relevant discipline