Assistant To Executive Assistant
- 09 Oct 2019
ASSISTANT TO GROUP EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT – PERMANENT – COVENTRY - £22,500 - £25,900
This is an amazing opportunity to join a highly prestigious organisation where there is plenty of opportunity to progress and develop your career further.
Reporting to and supporting the Group Executive Assistant you will support in a wide variety of areas of the organisation to include purchasing, HR and finance. This post is highly process and procedure driven therefore you will be effective and experienced in following both. You will also be involved in facilities, events planning and logistics planning for the business. You must possess some experience within HR and possess an understanding of basic employment law.
Exceptional benefits are offered to include pension and 30 days annual leave plus Bank Holiday.
Duties & Tasks: -
- Under guidance from the Group Executive Assistant, support team members with processing of procurement and legal documents, liaising with the relevant departments on timely turn-around of signed contracts
- Administer procurement cards held in sub-departments
- In addition to the Group Executive Assistant, act as Financial Regulations Champion and ensure department complies to Financial Regulations and, where appropriate, seek Financial Regulations approval
- Support facility management: request maintenance services, purchase IT and office equipment, request telephone lines and update departmental telephone directory as required
- Arrange logistics and support planning of departmental events, such as away days and staff parties
- Provide administrative support to departmental working groups and act as link between the working group sponsor and the working group
- Provide cover for the Group Executive Assistant during periods of absence
- Provide cover for the Group Admin Assistant during time of absences including post management, stationery management, raising POs and processing invoices
As delegated support processing of HR flows, such as:
- Prepare financial and advertising request
- Process position changes and leaver requests
- Occasionally, as required, support the Group Executive Assistant with submission of other HR requests
Experience and skills required:-
- Very good working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (email and electronic diary management), website management and the ability to use a database
- Ability to manage highly confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and tact
- Ability to balance competing priorities, working quickly and accurately under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to work independently, to be proactive, use initiative and to apply knowledge flexibly in a range of solutions
- Well-developed organisational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and excellent written English
- Confident communicator with good interpersonal skills, the ability to liaise and work effectively across teams and with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external
- Knowledge of recruitment processes would be desirable
- Familiarity with SAP, OPeRA or similar accounting package would be advantageous
To apply for this role please attach your CV. Due to the high level of applications we anticipate for this position if you do not hear from us within 7 days please assume your applications has been unsuccessful at this time.